Student Assistants for audio programming in Python
|Online seit|| |
06.02.2020 - 11:48
FOR THE »MEDIA SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS« DEPARTMENT IN ERLANGEN, THE FRAUNHOFER INSTITUTE FOR INTEGRATED CIRCUITS IIS IS CURRENTLY SEEKING
STUDENT ASSISTANTS FOR AUDIO PROGRAMMING IN PYTHON
Fraunhofer IIS has become known worldwide for its significant participation in the development of audio coding technologies like mp3 and AAC. More than 1,000 companies worldwide have licensed the audio technologies of Fraunhofer IIS and have now deployed more than seven billion products. Providing major contributions to the standardization and the deployment of MPEG-H 3D Audio for next generation TV broadcast, we have shown once more that we are to date on the cutting edge of innovation.
We are looking for a Student Assistant, who is currently enrolled on a university degree programme, to implement and maintain a platform-independent, modular, measuring software suite in Python. A collection of existing software tools will be ported from Matlab to Python, and new tools will need to be developed and implemented, to produce a comprehensive acoustic measurement software suite.
What you can expect from us
- An open and friendly working environment in an international research institute
- Many opportunities to gain practical experience
- Flexible working hours that allow you to balance your coding and study activities
- Possibility to contribute with your own ideas and enjoy substantial creative leeway
- Chance to work in state-of-the-art research and technology
Please apply for this position using the following link: https://recruiting.fraunhofer.de/Vacancies/50782/Description/2
Applications are possible in German and English. Please include a cover letter, your CV and your latest transcripts of
records (as PDF) and quote ID number 50782. Address your application to Nina Wörlein.
Please let us know how you learned about this job opportunity.
Additional information is available on our website: www.iis.fraunhofer.de/en
What we expect from you
- You have a good level of programming experience in Python and Matlab
- You have a solid understanding of acoustics and digital signal processing
- You are experienced with platform-independent programming and GUI development
- You are interested in audio device measurement and audio signal processing
- You have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken
Firmen- und Kontaktdaten
Frau Nina Wörlein
+49 9131 7761684
Art der Beschäftigung
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |