Student Assistant, implementing&evaluating »loudness and dynamic range control«
|Online seit|| |
15.05.2017 - 12:22
The Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS has an immediate opening in the Audio department in Erlangen for a
Student Assistant responsible for implementing and evaluating »loudness and dynamic range control« algorithms
Our department is active in the field of MPEG-H 3D audio standards and the corresponding creation of new »Next Generation Audio« content. The MPEG-H audio standard was developed by Fraunhofer IIS for integration into future streaming and broadcast applications. The 3D audio mix can be played back through any type of loudspeaker setup or stereo headphones.
Do you have programming experience with Matlab and an interest in the field of digital audio signal processing?
Then we have the right position for you:
You will develop new features for the area of »loudness and dynamic range control« using the Matlab platform. In addition, you will support our team in developing, conducting and evaluating hearing tests that are utilized for analyzing audio codecs quality.
- Pursuing a degree in electronics engineering, information and communications or a similar discipline
- Solid knowledge of the Matlab programming language
- Basic knowledge of C/C++
- Mathematical know-how in the area of statistical signal processing
- Familiar with digital signal processing, particularly in the area of audio
What we offer
- Diverse projects with a high degree of real-world applicability
- An open and friendly work atmosphere
- Flexible hours that allow you to balance your work and study activities
- The leeway to develop your own interests and skills
Have we piqued your interest?
Then send us your application in PDF, including cover letter, resume and references, to Nina Wörlein and cite ID number 308694fau: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know how you learned about this job opportunity.
Further information about the institute is available at: www.iis.fraunhofer.de
Art der Beschäftigung
Firmen- und Kontaktdaten
Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen IIS
Frau Nina Wörlein
+49 9131 7761684
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |