Stud Assistant/Intern - Implementation of JPEG-XS image coding Algorithm on GPU
|Online seit|| |
07.11.2019 - 14:00
For the »Moving Picture Technologies« division in Erlangen, the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS is currently seeking a
Student Assistant / Intern for the Implementation of JPEG-XS image coding Algorithm on GPU
JPEG XS is the new ISO/IEC codec targeting a wide range of applications including IP workflows in studio environments, local video networks and VR/AR applications, which allows transmission of high-resolution video data over standard Ethernet or other wired connections. It is visually lossless, low latency and low complexity codec.
One of outstanding attributes of JPEG XS is multi-platform interoperability, which means that a code stream generated using an FPGA can be decoded using a GPU. Moreover, its use cases require real time implementation on different platforms including CPU, GPU and FPGAs. In order to best exploit these platforms, JPEG XS supports different levels of parallelism e.g. coarse gained and fine grained.
At Fraunhofer IIS, our group aims to have a GPU based implementation of JPEG XS codec. For this purpose, we are looking for a student to support the design and implementation of parallel (GPU based) algorithms for different coding steps defined in JPEG XS standard.
Your responsibilities: You…
- investigate the purposed parallel algorithms and find out the optimal among them
- optimize already designed and implemented parallel algorithms
- test the functional correctness of implemented parallel algorithms
What you can expect from us
- An open and cooperative working environment
- The opportunity to work on a state of the art project
- which has an industrial relevance
- Many opportunities to polish your practical skills
- Possibility to contribute with your own ideas and enjoy substantial creative leeway
Please apply for this position using the following link: https://recruiting.fraunhofer.de/Vacancies/48744/Description/2
Applications are possible in German and English. Please include a cover letter, your CV and your latest transcripts of records (as PDF) and quote ID number 48744. Address your application to Nina Wörlein.
Please let us know how you learned about this job opportunity.
Additional information is available on our website: www.iis.fraunhofer.de/en
What we expect from you
- are studying computer science or similar (Bachelor or Master studies)
- have good knowledge and skills of CUDA C or GPU programming (in general)
- have good knowledge of image processing or coding algorithms
Firmen- und Kontaktdaten
Frau Nina Wörlein
+49 9131 7761684
Art der Beschäftigung
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |