Master Thesis, Interns, Student Assistant - Deep Learning for Speech Processing
|Online seit|| |
06.08.2018 - 11:03
For the »Audio and Multimedia Technologies« division in Erlangen, the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS is currently seeking
Master Thesis Students, Interns and Student Assistants in the Research Area of Deep Learning for Speech Processing
The »Audio and Media Technologies« division of Fraunhofer IIS constitutes one of the world’s largest organizations dedicated to audio, speech and media processing. It has been an innovator in sound and vision for over 25 years and repeatedly won international competitions in the audio and media field: e.g. with mp3 and codecs of the AAC-family. Over 200 engineers and scientists develop first-rate technology, which is sold world-wide.
In recent years, Fraunhofer IIS has been involved in standardizing advanced speech processing algorithms, such as next- generation speech coding for communication. As we are always looking for ways to improve our solutions, we are seeking student assistants, interns or master's thesis students to investigate how our speech processing tools could benefit from recent advancements in deep learning.
- Interface Deep Neural Networks with existing speech processing tools
- Experiment with different network topologies
- Document and analyze the results
Your profile: You …
- have good knowledge in Machine Learning and especially in Deep Learning
- have background in Digital Speech or Audio Processing
- are experienced in Python programming and ideally in Matlab
- work self-motivated, focused and have analytical skills
- have knowledge in C programming (optional)
What you can expect from us
- An open and cooperative working environment
- Collaboration in interesting and innovative projects
- Many opportunities to gain practical experience
- student assistant positions and full-time internships and master theses are available
For FAU students: The thesis can be supervised by Prof. Dr. Bernd Edler.
For external students: The topic will be assigned and carried out in accordance with the rules of your university. For this reason, please discuss the topic with a professor who can advise you over the course of the project.
If you have any questions about this opening, please contact: Guillaume Fuchs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can apply for this position at https://recruiting.fraunhofer.de/Vacancies/39847/Description/2
Please address your full application (in PDF: including a cover letter, CV and latest academic transcripts) to Nina Wörlein, quoting reference number 39847fau.
Please mention how you heard about this position in your application.
More information is available online at https://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/en.html
Art der Beschäftigung
Firmen- und Kontaktdaten
Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen IIS
Frau Nina Wörlein
+49 9131 7761684
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |