Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen IIS
Student Assistants - Development of SAR ADC for multi-parallel Sensor Systems
- Online seit 09.07.2021
Due to the advantage of high speed and low footprint on the chip, Successive Approximation Analog to Digital Converters (SAR ADC) are gaining popularity in the case of sensor signal processing. We at Fraunhofer IIS develop SAR ADCs for the data acquisition signal chain used to readout our sensors. In our division »Smart Sensing and Electronics«, we are researching novel architectures of SAR ADCs, suitable for an array of sensors. The goal of this work is to perform research on SAR architectures typically suitable for high-speed multi-parallel sensor systems.
- You perform literature survey on SAR ADCs for multi-parallel systems
- You develop the SAR ADC architecture fit to our system specification
- You implement the ADC on schematic level and modeling as behavioral Verilog code
- You verify via circuit simulation and extraction of the system properties (linearity, ENOB etc.)
- You document the results following scientific writing guidelines
- You are currently studying electrical engineering or a related field
- You have hands-on experience with Cadence Virtuoso, SPICE or similar tools
- You are familiar with Analog Integrated Circuit Design either by university courses or work/internship
- You have knowledge of hardware description language (e.g. Verilog)
- You have skills with Linux environment
What you can expect from us
- An open and cooperative working environment
- Collaboration in interesting and innovative projects
- Many opportunities to gain practical experience and attend seminars
- Flexibility concerning your working hours
Weekly working hours are determined by agreement.
This position can also be adapted to fulfill requirements of Internships or master theses. If you have any questions about this opening, please contact Bitan Mallik (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The thesis will be assigned and carried out in accordance with the rules of your university. For this reason, please discuss the thesis with a professor who can advise you over the course of the project.
Please apply for this position using the following link: https://recruiting.fraunhofer.de/Vacancies/60921/Description/2
Applications are possible in German and English. Please include a cover letter, your CV and your latest transcripts of records (as PDF) and quote ID number 60921-SSE. Address your application to Nina Wörlein.
Please let us know how you learned about this job opportunity.
Additional information is available on our website: www.iis.fraunhofer.de/en
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Nach Vereinbarung
- Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen IIS
- Am Wolfsmantel 33
- 91058 Erlangen, Deutschland
- Frau Nina Wörlein