Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen IIS
Master Thesis Students in the area of Natural Language Processing
- Online seit 07.09.2021
The »Audio and Media Technologies« division of Fraunhofer IIS constitutes one of the world’s largest organizations dedicated to audio, speech and media processing. It has been an innovator in sound and vision for over 25 years and repeatedly won international competitions in the audio and media field: e.g. with mp3 and codecs of the AAC-family. Over 200 engineers and scientists develop first-rate technology, which is sold worldwide, in Europe, USA, China, Korea and Japan. Our Group for Natural Language Processing combines methods from computational linguistics and machine learning to develop digital products and services to improve human-machine interaction.
- The topic will be selected from a range of topics including corpus analysis, dataset collection and analysis, paraphrase generation, implementation of NLP tools for German and fine-tuning of NLP models
- Thesis students are expected to research the state of the art, formulate research questions, develop methods (data collection, analysis, model training and evaluation) and carry them out and report their work and their insights in their thesis
What you can expect from us
- Collaboration in a committed and interdisciplinary team
- An open and cooperative working environment
- Many opportunities to gain practical experience
- Collaboration in interesting and innovative projects
The topic will be assigned and carried out in accordance with the rules of your university. Please discuss the topic with a professor who can advise you over the course of the project jointly with a supervisor from our team.
If you have any questions about this opening, please contact Dr. Alessandra Zarcone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please apply for this position using the following link: https://recruiting.fraunhofer.de/Vacancies/62239/Description/2
Applications are possible in German and English. Please include a cover letter, your CV and your latest transcripts of records (as PDF) and quote ID number 62239-AME. Address your application to Nina Wörlein.
Please let us know how you learned about this job opportunity.
Additional information is available on our website: www.iis.fraunhofer.de/en
- You are currently studying Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing, Digital Humanities, Computing in the Humanities, Corpus Linguistics, or a related field
- You have basic scripting experience in at least one of the following: Python, Perl, R. Regex knowledge is a plus
- You have good English and German communication skills
- You are highly motivated to learn new things and work on complex tasks
- You are good at working independently and using your creativity for solving problems
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Nach Vereinbarung
- Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen IIS
- Am Wolfsmantel 33
- 91058 Erlangen, Deutschland
- Frau Nina Wörlein