Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen IIS
Master Thesis Student in the Research Area of Speech Representation Learning Pro
- Online seit 05.07.2021
The »Audio and Media Technologies« division of Fraunhofer IIS constitutes one of the world’s largest organizations dedicated to audio, speech and media processing. It has been an innovator in sound and vision for over 25 years and repeatedly won international competitions in the audio and media field: e.g. with mp3 and codecs of the AAC-family. Over 200 engineers and scientists develop first-rate technology, which is sold world-wide.
In recent years, Fraunhofer IIS has been involved in researching new ways of approaching classical speech processing problem with the help of Deep Neural Networks. In particular, we have developed high-quality efficient solutions for Text-to-Speech and Speech Coding involving classical speech processing together with Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs). We want to bring this a step further and, for the first time, develop high-quality innovative solutions that completely rely on the power of Machine Learning.
- Use Deep Neural Networks to explore new speech representations for Speech Coding or Text-to-Speech
- Optimize our existing Neural Network pipeline to achieve high compression while maintaining good quality
- Train deep learning models for compact speech representation, and ideally for speech synthesis
- Document and analyze the results
- Good knowledge in training Deep Neural Networks (e.g. autoencoders, GANs)
- Experience in Python programming and ideally in PyTorch
- Some knowledge in Digital Speech or Audio Processing
- Self-motivated working, focused and analytical skills
What you can expect from us
- An open and cooperative working environment
- Collaboration in interesting and innovative projects
- Many opportunities to gain practical experience
- Collaboration in a committed and interdisciplinary team
For FAU students: The thesis can be supervised by Prof. Dr. Bernd Edler.
For external students: The topic will be assigned and carried out in accordance with the rules of your university. For this reason, please discuss the topic with a professor who can advise you over the course of the project.
If you have any questions about this opening, please contact: Guillaume Fuchs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Join our team and work with us on the technology of tomorrow!
Please apply for this position using the following link: https://recruiting.fraunhofer.de/Vacancies/60761/Description/2
Please include a cover letter, your CV and your latest transcripts of records (as PDF) and quote ID number 60761-AME. Address your application to Nina Wörlein.
Please let us know how you learned about this job opportunity.
Additional information is available on our website: www.iis.fraunhofer.de/en
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Nach Vereinbarung
- Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen IIS
- Am Wolfsmantel 33
- 91058 Erlangen, Deutschland
- Frau Nina Wörlein