Software Developer (f/m) Audio processing and rendering for soundbars
|Online seit|| |
26.02.2018 - 11:07
We have an immediate opening in our »Audio and Media Technologies« division of Fraunhofer IIS in Erlangen, Germany, for a
Software Developer (f/m)
Audio processing and rendering for soundbars
You love programming and have a passion for high quality audio reproduction?
If so, we have the perfect job offer for you!
In the Semantic Spatial Audio Rendering group of the Audio and Media Technologies division, we develop advanced audio reproduction techniques that enable consumers to enjoy high quality spatial audio reproduction through easy to use, compact consumer audio devices – such as a new generation of immersive soundbars.
As a software developer within our team, you will implement the latest algorithmic developments for spatial audio reproduction in C/C++ and optimize their performance. Additionally, you will evaluate software stability under real-time conditions and create specifications and technical documentation for the new and existing software. You will be part of a team of audio enthusiasts and contribute to the development of cutting edge audio technology.
We are looking for a new team member that
- Has an interest in audio reproduction and the desire to challenge the state-of-the-art
- Has the ability to quickly become acquainted with existing structures and new subject areas
- Thinks pragmatically and is able to get things done to make a product a success
- Has the ability to contribute to the development of new audio signal processing algorithms
What we offer you
The Fraunhofer IIS offers an extremely attractive working environment in a highly innovative key industry. You will work in a dedicated team in which you will be able to contribute your own ideas and enjoy substantial creative leeway. Regular further training and top equipment are as much a matter of course as a corporate culture characterized by good working relationships.
Employment, remuneration, and social benefits are in line with the collective bargaining agreement for the public sector (TVöD). The position is initially based on a two-year contract.
Equally-qualified applicants with severe handicaps and disabilities will be given preference. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft places high value on being an equal opportunity employer.
The research team for audio and media technologies has been working on audio and image coding as well as multimedia technologies for more than 25 years, and made a name for itself due to its significant contribution to the development of mp3 and AAC.
Fraunhofer audio technologies can be found in more than ten billion devices and has already been licensed by more than 1,000 companies.
Please send your complete, written application (PDF format, cover letter, curriculum vitae, references) quoting the reference number IIS-2018-20 to: Claudia Kestler-Böhm, firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the institute is available on the internet at: www.iis.fraunhofer.de
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field with the experience as outlined
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++ for real-time embedded applications is required
- Expertise in optimizing, maintaining, and testing of existing C/C++ code
- Experience with MATLAB is beneficial
- Know-how of signal processing, especially audio signal processing, is beneficial
- Experience in programming on different DSPs is a plus
- Experience in building audio processing or reproduction devices is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
We are also happy to welcome applications of committed junior professionals with prior knowledge and first practical experience.
Art der Beschäftigung
Firmen- und Kontaktdaten
|Name des Unternehmens|| |
Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen
Frau Claudia Kestler-Böhm
+49 9131 7761654
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |